The school period is called the latent time of growth. It is a time when body changes occur gradually. Below is a diet plan for 7 to 12 years school going children, which will be beneficial for their health.
Dietary allowances of school children :
Packed Lunches : Packed lunch is a necessity for school going children.
Points to be consider in planning a packed lunch:
1. The packed lunch should meet one third daily requirement of calories and protein of the child.
2. Include one serving of green leafy vegetables would take care of one third requirement of many vitamins and minerals.
3. Some amount of good quality protein like milk and milk product like curd or panner would improve vegetable protein combination of vegetable proteins like cereals and pulses can be given for better utilization.
4. Make food more appetizing food like whole fruit or buttermilk in a packed bottle.
5. Monotony should be avoided in packed lunch.
6. Food should have the correct consistency. Too watery things may leak and too dry may not be appetizing to the child. Chapati can be covered in cloth to retain moisture.
Suggested Packed Lunches:
* Vegetable pulao with paneer and one fruit.
* Mix vegetable or paneer paratha with curd.
* Dhal parath with green leafy vegetables.
* Cheese/paneer or mawa brownbread sandwiches and one fruit.
* Mix vegetable upma/idli or uttpam with coconut chutney.
* Mix vegetable khicdi or omlet with one fruit.
* Cake and 1/2 plate salad.
* Pasta with freen salad.
* Manchurin or mix veg noodles with fruit.
* Dhal chilla (add paneer) with coriander leaves chatney.
No related posts.Tags: balance diet for children, children diet, foods for children, healthy diet for children, Healthy Food, iron rich diet for children, Nutrition, Nutrition for Children, nutrition for kids, nutritional diet for children, proper diet for children