Acids are normally secreted by the stomach to facilitate the digestive process and help break down food. High levels of these stomach acids can however cause the condition called acidity. Many people rely on over-the-counter medications or antacids for quick relief from acidity, but a healthy diet is your best bet for overcoming the problem.
Symptoms of acidity include heartburn, dyspepsia and at times erosion of the stomach”s lining, which contributes to and accelerates the formation of ulcers.
How to Reduce Acidity
- Intake of spicy foods, fried foods and pickles should be avoided.
- Taking a piece of clove will give relief from acidity.
- Drink plenty of fluids. As with all healthy diets, you should always drink plenty of water.
- Citrus juices have their own share of acid, the juices will aid in digestion and make you healthier and actually reduce some of the body acid
- Chew your food slowly, and do not overindulge. Make sure food is mixed well with saliva to form a liquid consistency before swallowing. Do not drink fluids during meals.
- Eat a diet of 50 percent raw foods. Raw foods not only maintain the correct acid/alkaline balance within the body, but they are also richer in nutrients that are easily assimilated into the body
- Chewing gum causes salivation and saliva is the body”s natural anti-acid. As you swallow the saliva released by chewing gum it neutralizes the acid that is moving up the esophagus and in the stomach.
No related posts.Tags: Health & Fitness, Health Care, how to reduce acidity in body, how to reduce acidity in pregnancy, how to reduce acidity in stomach, how to reduce acidity in stomach naturally, how to reduce acidity in your body, how to reduce acidity naturally, how to reduce acidity problem