When the roots of your hair stop producing melanin, your hair loses color and turns grey or white. Since hair consists of dead cells, once grey or white hair is formed it cannot be changed. The age at which a person’s hair becomes white depends on hereditary factors, but diet, lifestyle and stress can also cause premature greying. Here are some remedies for preventing formation of white hair:
- Amla is a popular home remedy. Make paste of amla with water and apply to the hair.
- Take black tea (without milk and sugar) and massage it on the roots of the hair. Leave it for 1 hour and then wash it.
- Use coconut oil (with lemon) or almond oil to massage the scalp.
- Vegetable and essential oil also contain nutrients for slowing the greying of hair.
- Eat fish and other seafood (they contain iodine) which is required for melanin production.
- Use amla hair oil for massaging hair.
- Boil curry leaves in coconut oil and apply the mixture to prevent formation of white hair.
- Soak ribbed gourd in coconut oil for 3-4 days, boil the oil. Use this oil twice a week for massaging the scalp.
- Apply Bhrigaraj oil and anti pitta herbs to your hair.
- Walk early morning on wet grass bare foot.
- Take Fruit juices, especially aamla and honey. It has beneficial effect. Drink Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Vacha and Brahmi Ghrutam one spoon daily.
- Mix dry amla powder in water and massage into the hair.
- Home Remedies To Stop Hair Loss
- Beautiful Hair Secrets
- Natural Remedies for Healthy Hair
- Hair Care Tips For Monsoon
- Best Foods For Healthy Hair