Try the following dietary tips for healthy heart:-
- Include garlic and onions in your diet. They contain compounds that help to reduce serum cholesterol levels.
- Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day. If possible, drink steam-distilled water only.
- Try to lose weight if you are above your ideal body weight. This should be a gradual process, so avoid any fad diets or quick weight loss methods.
- Avoid stimulants such as coffee and black tea that contain caffeine. Coffee increases stress hormones in the body, putting coffee drinkers at greater risk of heart disease.
- Foods high in magnesium helps to protect heart include foods such as broccoli, potatoes, tofu, spinach, and wheat germ.
- Include at least 8-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables in a day’s diet and 1 serving of green leafy vegetable daily.
The following is the suggested diet for healthy heart:
Upon arising: Lukewarm water with lemon juice and honey.
Breakfast: Fresh fruits such as apples, grapes, pears, “”aches, pineapples, oranges, melons, one or two slices of whole meal bread and skimmed milk.
Mid-morning: Fresh fruit juice or coconut water.
Lunch: Combination salad of vegetables such as lettuces, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, beetroot, tomato, onion and garlic, one or two chapatti (without butter or ghee) and curd.
Mid-afternoon: Fresh fruit juice or salted butter milk.
Dinner: Fresh vegetable juice or soup, two steamed or lightly cooked vegetables, one or two whole wheat tortilla, and a glass of buttermilk.
(Please consult your doctor before adapting this diet plan)
No related posts.Tags: Food & Diet, Healthy Food, healthy heart diet, healthy heart exercise, healthy heart foods, healthy heart sayings, healthy heart slogans, healthy heart tips