Have you heard “Sitting is Killing Me” a lot more these days?
Your colleagues or known ones who works in the corporate world usually complaints about sitting pain. Sitting too long at work is a big problem in today’s offices or industries. Desk bound employees do not think about their health and fitness. They sit more than 8-10 hours a day and do not make any efforts to walk or stand ups.
New technologies have totally changed the way of doing jobs. Too much sitting in front of computer increases the risk of back pain, neck pain, muscle tenderness, obesity as well pokies online as heart diseases. Injuries resulting from sitting for long time are not negligible.
You should get to know how uninterrupted sitting hours can be dangerous for your health:-
- Work long in a similar sitting position affects the blood circulation of body
- Causes tiredness in the back and neck muscles
- Responsible for digestive problems
- Causes eye strain
- Reduces efficiency of heart and lungs
- Leads to back and joint pain
- Increase risk of having diabetes and heart diseases
Few suggestions to keep you active at workplace:-
- Take small breaks
- Carry out some simple exercises
- Go for a walk in lunch hour
- Rinse your eyes with water
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Move neck forward or backward
- Change body positions frequently
- Make correct adjustment of chair (height, tilt etc.)
- Avoid elevator, use stairs
Change your lifestyle and habits to keep away from dangers of long time sitting…
No related posts.Tags: Dangers of sitting, Dangers of sitting all day, Dangers of sitting at work, Dangers of sitting down, Dangers of Sitting for Long hours, Dangers of sitting too long, Health & Fitness, Health Care, The Disadvantages of Long Sitting