Dry fruits are considered rich source of nutrients and regarded as delicacies. Several fruits that come under dry fruits category are: Cashews, Walnuts, Almonds, Raisins, Pistachio, Date, Peanuts, Macadamia nuts, Hazelnut etc. These fruits are packaged in aesthetic designs either as assorted or as a mix in different proportions. Consumption of dry fruits has quite a number of health benefits. A few of them have been mentioned below.
- Dry fruits are excellent source of minerals and contain substantial quantities of essential nutrients. They are easy to digest and help keeping us healthy.
- Dry fruits contain considerable amount of iron which directly helps treating anemia. They also contains many members of vitamin-B complex which are essential for formation of blood
- Vitamins: Dry fruits are a rich source of vitamins. These vitamins are Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, and Vitamin B6.
- Minerals: Consuming dry fruits also increases the mineral content in the body. These minerals include calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, etc.
- Pure Nutrients: Another important benefit of eating dry fruits is, that eating one portion of dry fruits is equal to eating almost seven to eight times that of fresh fruit. Since the fruits are dried, the water is extracted, and only the basic nutritional contents remain, undiluted.
- Energy Boost: Eating a dry fruit or two, when you feel low on energy, is a very good idea. Eating dry fruits provide an instant gush of energy to the body, thus helping it to remain alert.
- Proteins: The dry fruits list given below, also contain proteins, which are extremely essential for repairing the wear and tear of the body.
- Fiber: The dry fruits that we consume also contain plenty of dietary fibers. This fiber is what helps the easy, quick and problem-free digestion of food.
- Memory: Many of the dry fruits (nuts), especially almonds, have also been proven to enhance memory improvement.
Health benefits of eating fruit
- Potential for weight control
- More energy for exercising
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Reduced risk of developing cancers
- Lower blood pressure
- Potential to lower cholesterol
- Reduced change of developing type 2 diabetes
- Potential to slow down age process
No related posts.Tags: Benefits of Eating Dry Fruits, DRIED FRUITS Nutrition Facts, Dry fruits Benefits, Food & Diet, Health Advantages of Dried Fruit, Health Benefits of Dry Fruits, Healthy Food, The Benefits of Dried Fruit